Vegan Cherry Pie protein shake

Friday 15 August 2014




Do you ever get an idea for something and think you just have to make it? This is pretty much the idea that popped into my head one day as I've been making a lot of shakes and smoothies at the moment. Also, I do plan to do some more cooked vegan recipes soon so I will keep you posted! 

I used:

A whole punnet of fresh cherries ( de-stoned, frozen is fabulous too and very refreshing) 
a generous amount of cinnamon
2 heaped table spoons of fine milled oat meal ( this is part of the protein base and is the 'pie' part of the shake)
a cup-2 cups of almond milk 
A tiny dash of almond essence (if you like the cherry almondy flavour) or vanilla essence
Hemp protein powder/ flax seed mix / or hemp seeds ( depending on your protein preference) 
Some dried cherries (for extra sweetness, these take a little longer to blend)
Top with cinnamon, cut cherry pieces, dried cherry pieces and an optional drizzle of soya cream. 
Blend! I used my favourite little gadget in the whole world my Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender which I believe is on offer at the moment too. 








I really hope you enjoyed this post- What's your favourite protein shake mix? 

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm.....this is a must-make for a cherry lover like me! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete