VEGAN BEAUTY: NOURISH PEPTIDE SERUM REVIEW- HOW DO PEPTIDES HELP FORTIFY THE SKIN?

Monday 11 July 2016


I was so incredibly lucky meeting the lovely Lucy from Nourish at Waitrose in Hove. We got into an amazing chat about natural products and other topics such as creative projects and sustainable development. I mentioned I wrote about natural skincare products and she was so kind to offer me a serum to try! I had heard fantastic things about the Nourish brand, but up to this point- this was my first experience! I am an instant convert. 

I tried the Lavender Hydrating Peptide Serum which is an intensely hydrating gel for sensitive skin; it is an incredible skin pick me up, it feels fresh, soothing and hydrating without the heaviness of a thicker serum. I would recommend this to those with dry or sensitive skin, or those with reactionary or inflammatory skin conditions such as acne or psoriasis.  



THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE BEAUTY?

A SKIN SMOOTHING, HYDRATING & CONDITITIONING FORMULATION

Peptides previously received a great deal of hype; and for good reason. A peptide in biology means two or more amino acids joined together; essentially the building blocks of protein. In skincare, the addition of peptides to formulations has several  fantastic dermatological benefits.

The Nourish Hydrating Peptide serum is formulated with a naturally occurring compound called Bisabolol, as well as a tri-peptide formulation of Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 and the addition of Sodium Hyaluronate (a bioabsorbable form of hyaluronic acid). Palmitoyl Tripeptide 5 stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen which is vital for structural support of the skin and a youthful skin appearance. Sodium Hyaluronate is a form of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid compounds are a wonder ingredient due to the water loving properties of hyaluronic acid drawing moisture into the skin and increasing hydration. In terms of increasing hydration; there couldn't be a better skin ingredient in my opinion.  

Bisabolol is a very interesting compound; it is naturally found in the essential oil of Chamomile and has been shown to offer anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits. In addition, Lavender oil has been shown to be skin calming, as well as boasting antimicrobial benefits. The refreshing gel formulation makes this the ideal summer serum; the formulation absorbs instantly, and knowing the formulations of Nourish are only with high quality naturals with no synthetics, I know this serum is benefiting my skin health. Thank you so much to Nourish for making such beautiful products and letting me try them :)

xxx



1 comment:

  1. Nice post! This blog has given to me a better clarification.Thank you so much for such an information.please check out bpc 157 peptide

    ReplyDelete