BEAUTY FOOD: VEGAN Sauteed Smoked almond, Kale, avocado and sweet potato

Monday 22 August 2016




Hello lovely readers! I have been working really hard on my book and I can't wait to share my progress with you soon.  Last week I went over to one of my lovely friends house for dinner, we usually cook together, and her inspiration was for something involving sweet potato and kale. We instantly had an ingredient combination in mind. It was so delicious I thought I would share with you. 

Sweet potatoes are high in the Beta carotene form of Vitamin A. Vitamin A has numerous benefits for the skin, including acne and anti ageing benefits (I plan to do a whole blog post on Vitamin A and Retinol soon) Almonds contain a high amount of Vitamin E and nutrients such as biotin and copper thought to offer skin fortifying and anti-ageing benefits. Kale is rich in a plethora of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds (this is good news because antioxidants and phytonutrients often work in synergy with each other) My absolute favourite, avocado, is high in healthy fats and potassium; potassium is good for regulating fluid balance in cells. This could improve dry skin and I definitely notice the difference in my skin when I have a large avocado consumption.

SERVES 2

INGREDIENTS

2 SWEET POTATOES
1 BAG OF KALE 
A PACKET OF BLUE DIAMOND SMOKED ALMONDS
5 CLOVES OF GARLIC (WHOLE)
GROUNDNUT/SESAME/OLIVE OIL
SMOKED PAPRIKA 
1 RIPE AVOCADO
 SOY SAUCE 

METHOD 

1. PEEL THE SWEET POTATOES, CHOPPED INTO SMALL SEGMENTS AND ROAST at 180 FOR 30- 40 MINUTES WITH WHOLE CLOVES OF GARLIC, AND A GENEROUS AMOUNT OF OIL UNTIL SOFT .

2. TRANSFER SOFT SWEET POTATO WITH THE OIL FROM THE ROASTING INTO FRYING PAN AND ADD THE KALE; SAUTEE UNTIL VIBRANT GREEN AND SOFT, STIRRING REGULARLY

3. ADD IN WHOLE PACKET OF SMOKED ALMONDS, A SPLASH OF SOY SAUCE and SMOKED PAPRIKA 

4. CHOP AVOCADO, MIX TOGETHER AND SERVE

I really hope you've enjoyed this post; I would love to know if you try this recipe 

L.M 

xxx



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!